PLANNING FOR A SUCCESSFUL PROJECT
In terms of a successful design and project, planning is one of the most important components of architecture. The following questions will help you to begin to identify areas that need to be considered as you enter this process. We encourage you to use these as a guideline to develop your own questions that will lead you to defining your vision for your project.
1) What are your project goals?
2) What is your time frame?
3) What is your budget?
4) What is your plan if the project costs more than anticipated?
5) What is your architectural style preference?
6) How would you rate your priorities for the following: function, aesthetic, budget, quality & time?
7) Why have you chosen to work with an architect?
8) If you are a couple or a business partnership, how will decisions be made and what is that process?